View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 07:23 PM   #5
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Sherlocks, take a look at my instructions. I'm sure they can be tuned a little to make it easier to open vs easier to close.

I would definitely go through the assessment part of my instructions located in the Trailmanor Technical library. This will alert you to any problems that need correcting at the very least.

If it is as difficult to open as you say, it definitely needs some adjustment. If you see the back rising but not the front as you release all the catches and latches, open the shell fully and try to turn the front adjusters clockwise 1/4 turn each, then close and fully reopen the shell. As the shell begins to open easier. pay attention to how it opens. If, when the catches and latches are released, the front of the shell should rise slightly an equal amount. The rear should also rise an equal amount. As you lift the shell open, each side should lift evenly.

Everyone is right that if you give the shell too much lift assistance from the torsion bars, it will be more difficult to close. However, I think yours could really use a little more torsion lift help.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote