View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 08:44 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

No worries, you are great at this format. Sure, you can email anyone, or ask anyone to email you. This is a very open Forum.

TMGeorge's suggestion is a really good one, especially if you have an electric tongue jack. Whirr, the tongue is down - open the shell - whirr, it is back up to level. Just don't lower the jack too far. If you make it too easy to move, it may get ahead of you as you lift it, and slam into the stops.

I don't have an electric jack, and the front shell is a bit heavy. As I open it, I find that it helps to get it up to about waist height, then put my foot on the front of the frame near the front wall to give me more lifting power. It also helps to move my hands toward the center as soon as I can, so I'm not pulling crooked.

You can adjust the tension in the lift (torsion) bars to make it easier to lift. The downside of doing this is that it makes it a bit harder to close. If you want to alter the balance of opening vs closing force, there are BIG adjustment bolts underneath that enable you to do so. My advise would be to hit SEARCH, then ADVANCED, Username LARRYJB, then enter keyword "torsion", and hit Enter. Larryjb has published some good info and easy-to-read instructions on this topic.

Get back to us if this doesn't get you where you need to be.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote