View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarat
We picked up our brand new 2720SL on Saturday and drove 250 miles on and off the interstate to bring it home. My husband was happy that there was no learning curve for pulling it if you have any experience trailering a boat. We are very excited about our purchase and our first question is about a generator. What size/make/model does anyone recommend? We have enjoyed Mike & Kelly's User Manual which helped steer us in the right direction as new users. Thanks!

barbarat
I bought a Honda EU2000i last fall. It has been a great little machine -starts on the first pull, it's reasonably quiet, and is not too heavy. It provides enough power to run all of our electric needs except one. It will not start the TM's air conditioner! I know that some people have had some success with running their AC with one of these units, but my AC will not startup, even at an elevation of <1000 feet. We have a Fedders side mount unit.

I know you can connect two 2000i's together with a cable Honda sells, and this would provide more than enough power to run the AC. But at $900 a pop this is too expensive a proposition for me Besides most of the place we go, supply power. Thus we only use the generator when camping in the "wilds"

If you plan on doing a lot of boondocking and think you need AC, I would look at the Honda 3000 (quite a bit heavier as I recall), or some of the other brands like Yamaha which a lot of people swear by.

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote