View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
revmrbill

Default 12 volt plug ins on TM's

Today, 07:11 PM
revmrbill
Site Sponsor Join Date: Oct 2003

12 volt plug hook ups by sink and front bed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On our emergency shake down, I found that a regular 12 volt plug, for a fan and a TV and an aircompressor will not fit into either of the outlets, the plugs are too big for the outlet. I managed to get one into the front bed plug, but when I went to pull it out of the socket, it pulled out all of the inside metal tube, also the one by the sink pulled completely out of the paneling. I think not enough width in the paneling to hold the screws.

But regarding the size of the outlet, has anyone else had this problem??

I managed to get a replacement while in Vicksburg a Mobile RV repair truck gave me an old one to try and all my plugs fit that outlet. I did not install it because I am electrically challenged. I guess there is something here I do not understand??

Rev Mr Bill

2004 TM 3023
2003 Suburban
5.3 liter

#2 Today, 08:12 PM
rpcoombs
Site Sponsor Join Date: Jul 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too have found the 12 volt sockets on the TM to be a VERY TIGHT FIT for almost everything I have tried to plug into them. I have had to resort to grinding most male plugs down in size on a grinding wheel to be able to force them in. The 12 volt sockets are indeed flimsy in construction and a great deal of care is needed not to dislodge them when disconecting fans/tv's/etc. I have no problem inserting/removing fan/tv 12 volt plugs into the TV's sockets so I believe an upgrade in TM's fittings is much needed.

#3 Today, 08:57 PM
revmrbill
Site Sponsor Join Date: Oct 2003

12 volt plugs

Thanks , RP
I am going to send mine and your situation to TM via this forum and see if they will do anything about it,

It should not be necessary for any of us to have to grind down plugs to make them fit.

I have owned four trailers and pop ups and never had this problem with any other 12 volt plugs.

Thanks again

Rev Mr Bill

2004 TM 3023
2003 Suburban
5.3 liter