View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Many thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm sorry that I couldn't respond a bit sooner, but we were on our annual trek from Arizona to Maine, and Internet connections were hard to come by. I spent what little time I had trying to answer questions that seemed important.

Hard to believe that this was our 22nd cross-country trek with a TM behind! Since we don't travel as the crow flies, each trip averages 3500 miles, and 22 trips is 77,000 miles! I have to admit, I feel a lot more knowledgable about TMs now than I did when all this started! And it has been my pleasure to pass some of that experience along, in the same way that many of you do. My wife and I have learned a lot about our ability to get along in close quarters, too - you're on your own there!.

As for the board - yes, it is a lot of work, and sometimes discouraging. But most of the time, it is a lot of fun, too. The secret seems to be to gently steer the board in such a way that the good guys - that's all of you - feel comfortable here, and the bad guys (the screamers/haters/whiners/insulters) do not feel at home. This last, of course, also relies on a lot of you, who steer the board with me, and let the bad guys know gently but firmly that we are not interested in their antics. Most of them go away of their own accord, and only occasionally do I have to take overt action. And of course the small fee for this board discourages those who are looking for a free forum for their venom. Good invention, Chris, though that was not the primary purpose of the Sponsor fee.

Anyway, it all seems to work.

As for my join date, my profile shows Feb 2003, but that is really the unveiling date of the "modern" TMO board. Five of us old timers were posting, and restructuring the board, back in 2001. Today, only Chris and I remain, but the board continues to improve. I never thought it would grow like this! I'm tickled!

So again, thanks for your thoughts. Onward!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote