Thread: TM Mini
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Like2Ride

I bought my Mini in January of this year. I really like the concept, and the size. I am extremely unhappy with the complete lack of response from the factory about all the quality issues. I sent an email to customer service and got no response. I sent a seven page letter to the CEO of the company, and never got even an acknowledgement.

But Moving on - a couple of things I have found. My TV is a Chevy Colorado. Even though the trailer weighs in the low 2k range, I didn't feel comfortable till I installed a Weight Distribution Hitch - It was well worth the money for the peace of mind. Also, the brakes on the Mini are smaller than other TMs. The brake controller instructions talk about locking up the brakes on the TM as part of the controller setup. Even after adjusting the brakes - you cannot lock the trailer brakes. You just feel a slight drag when the controller is manually applied to the max. Get a pressure regulator right off. Use the water system at home and fix all the leaks before you leave. Keep checking in the cupboards for leaks, since the fiberboard will not hold up well to water.

With two adults not using the campground facilities, the toilet charge will last about 3 days. Like most propane heaters - this one is noisey and has a large temp swing. I prefer to run the A/C in heat mode if I have street power, since it doesn't cycle on/off all night long. I hope that helps....