View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 10:34 PM   #44
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Everyone is a great help. I found the checklists that a couple of people has put together and am working on putting in a binder. Some work really went into these documents. I also found document, Mike and Kelly's TraimManor 2720 User Manual. Loving that one.

I had dh check our breaker boxes. The previous owner had an add'tl one installed when they had a hot tub. So we have plenty of room on the 20 amp circuit I'm testing one thing at a time. I ran out to Walmart again today and found a 15 amp to 30 amp converter with an indicator light to show if circuit trips. It seems to work just fine. Today was fans and fridge. Seems to be cooling very well running on shore power. Tomorrow I'll work on filling the water tank and observing for leaks before trying to run anything. Didn't think of making sure water heater off. Just checked and the pump switch is off, so no need to turn off the circuit. Dh out of town for the next week, so I'm on my own with everything, which I really don't mind. I went to go get a brake controller and dh had already researched and ordered one. I'll let him install it. He seems to be warming up to the idea that we got a good deal and not a lemon.

I'll also see if the fridge works on propane. Then I'll move over to checking the AC and stove.

One question I have is the fridge fan. Do you run that when using propane? I'm sure I'll find the answer here. The fan seems to work fine. Ran for a few hours tonight.

I can't believe that there are so many helpful people in this forum. I really enjoyed reading what people don't like about their TM. I'm leaving the toilet to the very end of my testing.

Going to give it a really cleaning from top to bottom even though everything looks great. It's just the idea that I've scrubbed it down that will make it really feel like home. Bought everything from vinyl and winder cleaner and shieldx to auto/rv carpet and upholstery cleaner to start with.

I even purchased a few non-essentials, such as an Easy Breeze dorrway screen curtain that I'm going to tailor to the TM door. Works fine even though made for a regular house. Make it much nicer inside on a 97 degree day!

Thanks everyone for all the input, support and advice. Really made the decision to purchase knowing that there was some sort of support system since my dh says that it's my toy.

I think I got a real gem of a TM here. So far only one minor problem. The spring is missing or failed on one of the legs to the left table, so it won't stay up. Really, been fun finding all the storage space and discovering all the nice features.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote