View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
ProspectiveOwner

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyrv View Post
You could have a real project on your hands. my biggest concern would be the floor peeling up and all the rust & mold. If the trailer was in a flood (which is what it sounds like), it could have some real serious problems that may or may not be fixable.

That trailer has wood frames between the layers of aluminum. The frames parts on the edges may be replaceable (with a lot of work) but the others are not. The floor is also wood. If you have wood rot in that trailer, it might be a short ride to the dump.

We have a '98 Trailmanor 2720 and we've camped in it 26 times in 2 years. 60-80 trips aren't the issue. It sounds like something bad has happened to this trailer.

The A/C probably is factory. That is where they put it that year. The A/C can be replaced (with a much better unit) fairly easily for under $300. That's not a big deal.

Pictures would be nice but from what you've said, I'd offer him $4000-4500 IF it does not have wood-rot....
I dont' think it's been flooded, didn't see any sign of wood rot... this is in louisiana so we just have high humidity... i think it spent a lot of time under a tarp ...the floor is just the laminate peeling up around the edges.... there are all these little things but nothing major so it seems ....I'm just afraid my offer would be insulting ...he ask price is 8500 and I kind of want to pay half that