View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 PM   #17
Doug W.

I have a 3124KS which is the next to heaviest TM. Loaded I am still under 5000 lbs. I started looking at HiLo's. I wanted the 28 foot Classic. It was a permanent bed or nothing. I also wanted the nicer features in the classic line. Unfortunately the HiLo would be at least 6000 lbs to 7000 lbs loaded which could be over the 6500 lbs tow limit of my tow vehicle. Luckily while looking at the HiLos, I stumbled onto the TM website. When the HiLo would not work weight wise, I switch to researching TMs.

I also got lucky. My 3124 is shorter that the HiLo I was interested in. My driveway goes downhill and transitions to flat. I have to put a 2x8 in the transition and switch the hitch receiver to one that lowers the tongue of the trailer to stop the back of the TM from scraping. I am not sure I could have got the HiLo in my parking place. That would have been a very big mistake. If you have the tow vehicle for the HiLo and the parking space go for it. If not, that is where the TM beats the HiLo hands down.