View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
ng2951

There is nothing really wrong with the Fleetwood, but go stand in the TM and you will immediately see the difference. I haven't owned a Fleetwood, but I looked at plenty of them before buying a TM.

The Fleetwood is really a tent camper. Nothing wrong with that just that it is different than the TM. The Fleetwood is also cheaper than a TM and is heavier than a TM.

The Fleetwood hardside bathroom is certainly a lot better than their softside ones, but it pales in comparison to the TM bathroom. The walls of the TM are much more significant.

Probably a better comparison would be to compare the TM against a Hi-Lo. Hi-Los are hardsided trailers like the TM. Again they are significantly heavier than the TM and are cheaper than the TM. Some of the larger Hi-Los have better bathrooms than TMs (at least in my opinion). Again Hi-Los are heavier than TMs which is something to consider if you are planning to go up hills.

The TM, Hi-Lo are not tent campers. These are hardsided trailers that are much tougher than tent campers. I think they are more comfortable and a better value than a Fleetwood.

A good idea at this point is to for you to tell us a little about what you envision doing with your camper and how much you are willing to spend.