View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

All I have to add is about traveling with the cat. I originally thought that the closed TM would be a great place for the cat, but there really isn't much room in there, as Bill already stated. If it's really hot (we take a portable, fold-down soft carrier with us) we put the cat in the carrier when we stop and take her out with us. We look for places to eat that have outside dining areas and shade; we've never been turned away because we've had the cat in the carrier at our outside table. We've had small restaurant owners invite us in with the cat at slow times. When it's cooler, it's not a problem leaving the cat in the TV; we always bring along a litter box and a water bowl, park the TV where we can see it, and crack the windows a bit.

Thinking about the TM when it is closed, I think it would be fairly difficult to put in a cat door that would make the inside accessible, since you have both top shells to deal with plus the lower shell.

I don't think our cat really likes camping, but I know she is definitely happier just being with us than being left at home. This will be our 19th year with her.