View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
P and B

Buck,

Just so happens that we have one of these so let me see if I can help here.

1.) the AC has a "heat strip" in it. We use a small electric heater because that sucker is just "too darn loud". We've tested it though and it works if you can tolerate the noise.
2.) TV set up. Get your own TV (cheaper) and yes get the antenna- even if you have a satellite set up. I'm guessing that there will be times when you can't hit the satellite but the site might have cable or, if it's nasty, you might just set up the antenna and troll for something to watch. BTW- most LCD TVs now have a VGA input you can use to make it a monitor. Also, you can use either the external input or an FM modulator to use the stereo as your audio source- Hi-Def video deserves a little higher def audio if you ask me.
3.) Swing hitch- primarily for storage. Have read a couple of older articles indicating that they may not be as sturdy as their fixed counterparts (something to think about or maybe someone else will respond).
4.) Cabinets- no problem- like Digger indicates.
5.) Floor choice is personal I think. We got the tile only because we didn't think it would show dirt as fast.
6.) Personally, I wouldn't buy either the auto leveling jacks or the anniversary edition- again, your choice though. One thing you should have is the electric tongue jack.
7.) We have the MW/convection oven. I think it's a great option. We had a gas oven in our class C and hardly used it. Of course, you have to be plugged in for this over to be of any use at all.
8.) I saw the anniversary edition on display at a local RV show. I don't really like the grill that close to the RV. I carry a little propane bottle powered grill and sit it on the picnic table away from the TM. Wish it had a few thousand more BTUs but I feel the same way about my stove at home. Perhaps I should have moved into a restaurant?
9.) Dry camping has a bit more to it. First, you can only carry 20 Gal of fresh water in this model. That's not a lot. You should figure out how to carry or retrieve another 20 or only plan a few days boondocking before heading for a full service place. Second is power. Lots of info on this forum regarding power options. 2nd battery would be a must. Other than that, the only other thing I'd consider would be a generator but they're noisy.
10.) Bad roads- problems are probably the same or maybe a little less with the TM since is compresses down and takes most things that flop with it. I think you should still be careful.

I think you and the cat will be very happy. I doubt the TM is any nicer inside when you're parked. Consider a solar fan to keep the inside of the vehicle cooler. Good luck. I'm sure you'll have a blast. Oh, one last thing, since the cat can't help you back up (at least I don't think he can), you might want to consider some kind of backup camera. I'm thinking about putting one in and I have help.

Good luck.

Phil