View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
bfezel

I believe that first and foremost the key to finding a good unit at a reasonable price is patience. I spent approximately one year after deciding to go with a TM before finding what I wanted within an amount I was willing to spend. In fact I was willing to spend a good deal more, but didn’t have to.

The internet makes shopping a lot easier than it used to be. I found some attractive deals on new units at dealers in Ohio and New Hampshire on rvtraderonline.com. Another excellent source of clean, used travel trailers is texasrvcenter.com. They don’t get a TM very often, but I’ve seen a couple of good deals there. This forum may be the best place. I actually found mine through the mention on this forum of a classified ad in S.C.. No particulars were given except the area of the state. Searching the classified in S.C. newspapers via the web put me onto a consignment deal at a non-TM dealer. Bought just what I was looking for at a price much lower than I was prepared to pay.

As to what I had to do in order to get it ready for use; nothing except purchase a battery. Everything worked without any problems. I did give it a meticulous cleaning and have made a large number of livability improvements, 75% of which were generated from ideas from this forum.

Wishing you the best as you continue your search. I don’t believe you will be disappointed after you find the unit you are searching far.

Bill