View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Our journey towards our present TM was an interesting one.

I found an ad in the Boise, ID newspaper for a 1998 2720. I emailed the seller, and they said that their unit was in very good shape. We drove there to buy it, and it was not in the shape that we expected. They were not willing to negotiate much, so we left it behind and drove towards Oregon where we had many relatives to visit. We made an enjoyable trip out of our failed TM purchase trip, and on the way through Salem OR, we visited my cousin and told him why we were passing through, and what we were seeking.

A couple of days after I got home, my cousin called me and told me that he had found us exactly what we were looking for. He does janitorial work, and one of the places he works for is a RV dealership in Salem, OR, who just happened to have an 2720 on their lot. They sent me pictures of it, and it was immaculate, so we agreed to purchase it, pending inspection.

We returned to Salem on Labor Day, the TM was beyond our wildest dreams, and still is. Nothing was wrong with it; it was hardly used. We really lucked out. The only thing that broke right after purchase was the Winegard TV booster unit..but it only cost about $40 to fix.

We paid $8900 for it in September, 2003. It was my best birthday present ever!