View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
NYJeff

Default Questions from a Potential Buyer

Looking for any & all comments/critiques/advice/etc. We're looking hard at the 3023 so most of these questions are geared towards that model (but some are general in nature).

[1] I think I see in some of the TM website photos that the furnace is under the street side couch in the 3023. What else is under there? Or is there open storage space?

[2] I'll need the swing hitch if I want to put a 3023 into my garage. Can you use a WDH (weight distributing hitch) with the swing hitch? Is a specific brand or model required or will any work?

[3] We're looking at the 3023 primarily because of the 2 couches. We assume they are better cushioned (i.e., more 'comfy') than the 2619/2720 dinette. Any comments?

[4] RE the wardrobe, how do the contents stay in place when the unit rotates to the floor for travel? We never take clothes that require hanging; can it be fitted with containers to hold clothes rather than use the hanging bar?

[5] What size is the low profile A/C? Does it sufficiently cool the 3023? The TM website does not specify the size, nor does the brochure I have (which I think is last years).

[6] For owner's, are you satisfied with the amount of storage in the 3023? Both my wife & I still work so our longest camping trip is maybe 7 days. We also have the bed of the truck (protected by a cap) for overflow storage if needed.

[7] For those of you with one or both of the hanging cabinets - I assume you hang them "empty" & then stock them with contents. Or do you leave them loaded at all times. We think we'd want both cabinets but we both have back issues so we have a minor concern with lifting them into place once we're set-up at the campground.

[8] How functional (usable) is the 17 cubic foot of storage under the back queen bed? What "fits" in there?

[9] For anyone with the factory power tongue jack, what brand (& weight rating) do they supply? The option goes for $139 so I'm wondering if you can get a better unit (for not much more money) in the after-market.

[10] For anyone that chose the microwave rather than the oven, are you satisfied with that decision? Is it a decent m/w?

[11] On the TM website under the 3023 floorplan, if you click on "more photos", they show the 3 drawer dresser which to me implies it as an option. I don't see anywhere it would fit in the 3023 so I'm assuming the options shown here aren't "model specific". Does that make sense?

That's my list of questions for now. Thanks for the help.

Jeff