View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 05:29 PM   #9
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Oldkayaker,

First welcome to the forum. Since you know the 2417 Sport is the size for you, and I will assume most places you will be camping at will have power connections to run some of the required options you might want, beside the a/c.
A swing tongue will allow you to fit into the garage easier, Cuts off a couple of feet, which may allow you to walk between the front of the camper and garage door whilst it is closed.
Microwave, is that something the little woman must have, or not?
Extra cabinets? I use all my storage and then some inside, but I don't have any extra hanging cabinets, so if its two people and all the stuff you will use can fit in those spaces, you may not need/require those. You and the dw wil decide.
Electric tongue jack, I bought mine after buying the TM to save some costs, but if you're not mechanicaly inclined..you can decide.
Battery power. Again if you'll always camp at places with power for the a/c, a solar panel may not be needed, but I dry camp. So having a solar panel is a must to recharge my battery, verses using a generator or the tv.
Radio, installed mine after purchase. I have no clue as to what version or maker the factory installs. I bought a good brand and followed the instructions. The TM is prewired for the a radio, so that part is already done.
Stove cover, personally I never saw a need for it, but it's your call.

Forgive my rattling on. Again welcome to the forum and best of luck on your desision.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote