View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
Dean Robinson

Default A Traler Valet helps me

I have the same problem squeezing my 3124KB into the garage. To make it more of a pain, I have to back down a hill, then up into my driveway. My driveway is too short to get the truck/trailer perfectly aligned before maneuvering it into the garage so I can't see squat on the passenger side. My wife lets me know when I'm about the whack the mailbox or side of the garage. There is no way I can push it around, even when I finally get the tires into the garage. Finally, I purchased a Trailer Valet. It bolts to the side of the trailer frame and, once I get the trailer wheels inside the garage, I can use it to crank it the rest of the way inside. The Trailer Valet has a brake so I feel somewhat secure having the tongue sitting slightly downhill from the trailer wheels, but I always block the tires to be sure the trailer doesn't move while I scope out the trailer's position. The Trailer Valet makes it much easier for me to move my trailer as necessary to line it up properly. The Trailer Valet cost about $300 and was money well spent for me.