View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Question Storing TM in garage....how easy is it?

I have a 24 x 24 garage with a standard garage door opening. The door is centered on the garage so I have equal space on either side. Due to the layout I park on the left side and store the camper on the right. I can't just back it in straight, I have to manuver it to tuck it into the right side of the garage.

My current camper is 14 ft closed length, so a TM2922 would be 22ft without swing hitch or 20 with it.

I have trouble now getting my camper far enough over to the right hand side of the garage for storage to leave enough space to park and to store everything else. My concerns are: pivot point on the trailmanor - having enough pivot to get it far enough to the right before straightening it out without hitting the garage wall and causing damage to the trailer. Also, how easy is it to manually move the TM around once is it is on level ground in the garage? After all the TM will weigh alot more than my current popup. Finally, the TM is wider than my existing camper thus I really need to get it closer to the right side than my current camper is.

I will really need to clean out my garage and figure out where to store all the lawnmower, snowblower, xmas tree, garbage cans, etc. unfortunately I can't store anything outside, and I don't have room or $$$ to expand my garage.

I am single and don't have anyone to help when parking or storing, so there's not anyone at the back of the trailer to make sure it doesn't hit anything. So it takes a lot of stopping and starting and double checking. It seems no matter how many times I do it the trailer ends up in the exact same place every time.

So those who store in a garage and have to maneuver it around.....how hard is it?

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote