View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 05:48 PM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Hi Seisman,

Welcome to Trailmanor forums! I hope you are enjoying (or going to enjoy) your Trailmanor as much as we do.

I put together an article on Torsion Bar Adjustments in the technical library. You will be able to view this during your "trial membership", but once your trial ends you will need to invest in a subscription. (Just so you know, this is the only forum I actually pay for. It is very valuable and has been worth every penny for me.)

I do have a guide for torsion bar replacement, but I still haven't had a chance to finish polishing it up to publish here. The process is very involved because it involves separating and raising the shell from the lift arms.

On a scale of 1-10, an oil change for a car is 1 and removing the transmission of a car is a 10, this is definitely somewhere around 5-7. The Trailmanor factory has an overhead crane to lift the shell making this easier. If you don't have a barn and the ability to rig a sturdy lift system, you have to rig up a support system from below.

If you are able to raise the end of the shell enough to free the lift arm, removing and replacing the torsion bar itself is fairly easy.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote