View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 PM   #5
Jim-NY

Bill,

I bought the WDH on ebay before I saw the TM that I bought. I had sent a surrogate who lives near the seller to look the TM over and then I negotiated the price over the phone. I didn’t think the physical fit for the WDH on the trailer would be an issue, so I bought it before I went to get the trailer. It is Curt model # 17002 and the spring bars are about 30 inches long! I could not attach the brackets directly above the chain connectors on the bars because of the arms that swing out to support the living room slide out. The tool is a piece of pipe with a slight bend in it. This 1,000-pound WDH might have been overkill, but I expect it will work once I find a good method to easily hook it up.

I have the TM set up in my yard so I can test it out and learn before I take it anyplace. For example, my first shower in it this morning was a learning experience. I found some posts here tonight on ways folks attach their showerhead so they can shower with both hands. In a few days I will be hitching it up again to take it to a dump station. (Never having been there or done that, I have a feeling it will be another learning experience.) I will have time to try some WDH connection methods before I drive there. If I am still having problems, I will take photos and figure out how to post them.

I really appreciate the quality of your posts. I have read many of them over the last month or so. Thank you for being such a dedicated contributor!

Jim