View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 05:45 PM   #2
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadale View Post
We are considering a wireless back-up camera for our 2922KS. Some on-line reviews caution that metal-skinned trailers can cause interference between the camera and the receiver/monitor in the tow vehicle. Anyone have experience with wireless cameras on TMs? Just speculating here but maybe the interference problems are on full-height trailers like Airstreams which would tend to block the signal more than a closed up TM? Thanks.
I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and love it. Great resolution. Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera w/7" monitor.

I have a video posted on facebook showing the view as I am pulling the trailer around the neighborhood. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1694...02222980042317

Camera is connected to the running lights. Attached picture taken while backing into my garage.

This Rohent camera has amazing clarity. The camera is installed on back of camper into the running light center just under the middle light. Sorry cant get good picture of camera placement as camper is in the garage.

I had had a different brand previously that i ended up returning (never installed it) but very happy with this one. I had this one installed last fall by the dealer when having other repairs done (bag seals).

it comes with a cigarette plug that you can attach to the monitor and that makes it portable to any vehicle. It is wireless connection to the camera. Cig lighter plug is just powering the monitor. So if someone else was pulling your trailer with their tow vehicle you could just bring your monitor and plug it in to their cig plug. You can also hardwire it if you want to. But by keeping it portable you can store monitor when not using.

I just got a second camera from the seller for free. I need to have someone wire it for me. Would like to have cord wired but not permanently mount the 2nd camera. Then i can use it on back of car and move it around a bit. I would use that one for hitching up. I have a wireless hitch camera that I bought a couple years ago, but the resolution is not that great and it has a very small monitor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rohent camera- garage.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	20007  

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote