View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #7
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjb View Post
I think travelling with LP on is a hidden disaster, shall I say. As long as you're not involved in a serious accident, there will never be a problem. (On BC Ferries, you are required to shut off the propane and tape the valves with a special tape.)

If you are involved in an accident (even if it is not your fault, like a semi crossing into you and you have a choice to be sideswiped or ditch the TV and TM), there is no automatic shut off for the LP in the event of an accident. I know Ford has an automatic shut off for the fuel in the event of an accident, and I believe all vehicles have some sort of shut off or fuel protections.

I'm just suggesting that in the event of an accident and there is a propane fueled fire, that's when you might have a problem, and it could be legal (if not lethal).

We just had a motorhome fire locally here in Vancouver BC. It was probably propane fueled. In this case, the RV was parked and not driving around. Firefighters estimated it would take an hour to douse the flames. I wouldn't want to be in the "other" vehicle involved in a crash involving a propane fire.
Actually.....my post was about finding a problem with my refrigerator and using the resources of this group to find the cure. Thankfully everything worked.

Unfortunately....it was turned into a shame on you for pulling your camper with your LP refrigerator on. REALLY.... ???

Anyway. I'm glad my fridge is working properly as as always my thanks to all the amazing people here that support each other in all we do.

FlyboyTR