View Single Post
Old 05-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #13
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Default 3124ks

I have a 3124KS and a 2013 Chevy Silverado with the 5.3 V8 extended cab. I don't have kids and elected for more cargo space in the bed as it is a bit longer than the crew cab bed.
One thing I would suggest is that whatever you decide on ditch the factory tranny cooler (if it comes with one) and cram in the biggest and baddest cooler you can find that will fit. With a truck you will have more room for this between the grill and the ac condenser. I did this to my truck last summer and before we took our trip out to CA. On the way back from San Francisco (via The Car Show in Colorado Springs) we crossed both mountain ranges and my trany hardly got past the "normal" operating temp (190°). Most of the time it runs about 125° or less depending on the outside temp. I think a cool trany is a happy trany!
Another thing I did was to get an oversized finned trany pan. Not only does this help with the temp, but with the extra tranny fluid of it (and the tranny cooler),will make the fluid last longer and hold it's viscosity better. Th very last thing we all want is a transmission failure out in the middle of nowhere!
With me the rule is keep it cool! : So all in all...my Chevy performed flawlessly on out trip getting 13.5 average MPG! There are a few other things that I have done to the truck, but I won't go into that here. It's all on my website. Good luck and remember, just like firearms....It's better to have it and not need it...than need it and not have it! As for the TV...MO IS BETTA!
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote