View Single Post
Old 06-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
tipper

Default Re: Sleeping for Guests in Front Slide Units

We have a  2720.  Our child/future grandchild situation is similar to yours.

Originally we wanted a slide unit.  We liked the looks of it and thought it would best meet our 2-person needs.   We ended up buying a used 2720 and are now glad we DIDN'T go with the slide unit.

We use the front bed as our "family room".  We have our small TV up there.  We place a couple pillows against one of the walls (our unit has no side windows in the front bed)  and sit/lounge up there for reading, relaxing, and the little tv watching we do.  Our dinette sofas are also pretty comfortable -- although I didn't find the newer model year cushions as comfortable as our 1999.  

So we have our "living space" and do not give up our "guest bedroom".  The climbing up and down to the front bed does not bother us -- although I realize this could be an issue for some.  We really think we have MORE usable space.

I wonder if the back bed might be more appropriate for little kiddos as the wardrobe and bathroom wall might help keep them in bed.  Also, the permanent beds are sure to be more comfortable then either the sofa bed or the dinette.

Visit a dealership that has several models on the lot (new or used).  See if you are comfortable using the front bed as we do.

Everyone has different wants and needs.  We are very happy with our 2720.