View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
modhatter

Default Are newer units getting heavier or lighter?

Trying to check approx GVWR of an older (yr 2001) 3026, and I am picking up some very conflicting data. The sticker that comes on the unit that states the GVWR- is supposed to be the dry weight of the unit plus all the additions, like stove, ac, awning, empty tanks etc. Is that correct?

In reading through old posts, I see that units prior to 2003 were made from wood framing instead of aluminum framing now used. The aluminum framing being the lighter of the two I assume. In looking at an older 1999 model #3026 on line, it shows on the sticker approx 3500lbs GAWR (not GVWR) odd...

In looking at a 2004 yr model 2619 on line (the smallest) the dealer states the dry weight at over 2900 lbs., and the GVWR at just over 4,000 lbs.

Anyone know how the weight of these units have changed over the years? I am up to speed with the current models of course. Anyone have an older 2000 or 2001? What does your GVWR state in lbs.? I can only assume the trend is to make them lighter, but since I can't retrieve any of this data, I thought some of you might know.