View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 04:16 PM   #8
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Right. You can't include links in your post until you have posted a certain number of times (10, maybe?) It is an anti-spam measure built into the forum software. Keep posting and be patient.

As for choosing a charger. There should be 120 VAC running to a dual outlet on the panel at the end of the refrig. If you are reasonably handy with electrical stuff, you could tap into that. There should also be 12 VDC running into the TV panel at the end of the refrig. This is the one where you push the little button to switch between "Cable" and "Air". Will either of these serve the purpose? With some investigation, you could also pick up a 12 VDC point from the mass of wires behind the refrig. Access is easy from that panel.

Personally, I wouldn't get hung up on "RV Compatible". As an electrical guy, I hate those one-piece electrical assemblies. They are easy to install at a factory. But common household electrical parts and practices work for me, and are a lot more flexible.

Bill
Thanks Bill, I appreciate you input and this is helpful fornthe ref. Sode ofnthe TM. Might you know of a 12v source I can tap into over on the stove side? Just makes sense to have 12v USB sources for those boondocking trips. Any USP fast charge that you reccomend?
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote