View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

His price does sound high. We recently purchased a '98 2720 for less than that and it is in really good condition. The fridge, tires, wheel bearings, ceiling fan, water pump and water heater were all replaced since 2005. It also has electric levelers (about $3500 new). This guy put about $4000 in the trailer since he bought it and that made $0 difference in the selling price.. I added AC and it was easy.

Having said that, if it's worth that much to YOU....that's what counts. Just realize that you will probably take a big hit when you go to sell it in a few years. You will be faced with the same problem that the current owner has. You'll be trying to justify your selling price by what you paid for it. That only works if you are able to find a willing buyer (better known as a "sucker").

Location means a lot. We had to drive 2200 miles (round trip) to get ours. You might try offering the guy $5K. That seems like more than a fair price for a '97 2619. If he says no, you could always give him your ph # and tell him to give you a call if he changes his mind and tell him that the offer stands until you buy something else.

This is the beginning of off season. Waiting a bit may be worth-while. People aren't buying much right now so the guy may come down on his price and/or something better may come on the market.

It seems to me that I recently saw a 2001, 2720 for about $10K. The 2720 has a queen bed in the rear instead of a double. It also has an extra storage cabinet inside, under the rear bed. It is the full width of the trailer. Half is accessible from the inside and the other half is accessible from the outside. For us, that was a must.

We actually bought this trailer as a stop gap. We sold our Coleman Pop-Up and were without a trailer. We camp a lot and we really want a 2003 (or newer) TM 2720. Now that we have a usable one and realize how much we like it, we have time to wait for the right deal to come along. RV dealerships are folding like crazy, all over the country. You might find one with a TM in stock that he just wants to off-load. I missed a 2001 2619 at a dealership in SoCal by 30-minutes a few months ago (before we bought this one). They sold it for $9,000 and it had AC and the folding hitch. They had it advertised for $14K.

Here's a good search site:
http://www.oodle.com/vehicle/-/make_trailmanor/?s=price