Thread: Bed Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #6
Bill & Lisa

I replied to Tracy on the Yahoo site as well. She quoted a "trade in" price of $11,800 on a 2004 3023. I looked up the NADA "average" retail and it came in just under $20,000 with a low retail of $16,900. I guess it depends on what you wish to base your "value" of a used anything on. If you are going to base it on what a dealer will give you I don't think you will ever get more than you owe on vehicle of any type until you get very close to being paid off - definately not with in two years.

I also question the good deal she got either on her initial purchase or on the "standard" RV loan. She claimed to have purchased at several thousand dollars under MSRP but still owed over $25,000 after 2 years of payments. That seems to be a high balance to me but whether it is because she didn't get such a great deal initially or didn't get a very good loan it is hard to tell.

She owes as much as on her 2004 as I owe on my 2006 and I have a 20 year note on mine and rolled in taxes and every other thing I could into the loan amount.

IMHO all vehicles take a nose dive on values in the first couple of years but TMs seem to level out quicker than others. I would be interested in some of the specifics you found on 2001 TTs and TMs.

Bill