View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Bill & Lisa

Default for what it's worth

On the forum...

$12/year every year......or $1 a month - for that I get unlimited access to a historical data base and if by some chance my question isn't addressed I can ask a question and get a large number of answers in less than 24 hours (sometimes much less!)

The number of good ideas and things to do (or not do) have saved me enough money and time that if there was a lifetime membership (say 20 years worth of dues) I would pay it today and still be able to claim a great return on my money. But that is just my opinion......

TrailBlazers......

We have only been to one rally but want to do more and are going to be in Colorado Springs at the Jubilee in June. You can not attend these events unless you are a member (or one time as a guest of a member). It is great to be able to meet fellow campers that own the same brand of tt as I do and I always get new ideas of a customization I want to do from looking at what others have done.

Joining Good Sam chapters or Family Camping and RVers group or any of a dozen other groups all have national and in most cases chapter dues. We like to camp and meet new people so we belong to several groups. If that doesn't appeal to you then don't join. Luckily, you aren't required to join these groups when you purchase a TM. Also, the fee is $15 for the first year only and then drops to $10 a year. In addition to getting the newsletter (which mostly deals with upcoming rallies, but does have TM specific hints) you get a 10% discount on any items ordered from the factory. Did you get everything you wanted on your TM when you ordered it or took it from dealer stock? We have gotten additional wall mounts, fabric (to make curtain and valence for the door, and some other misc parts so far so we are on our way to recouping our $15 for the first year.

Anyway, you have to be happy with your choice but hopefully this provides some perspective.
Bill