View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 08:10 PM   #5
Dodge trucker

This thread brings up a question. I just bought a 1997 TM 3023, and was looking at the roof specifically when we bought it. The front shell definitely has a nice dome to it. The seller showed where they put a pool noodle in between the overlap between the 2 shells from the inside.
I was looking at it a little closer today after work in the driveway. I stood on top of the sidewall of my truck bed (parked next to the camper) and I could just see over the top of the TM.
The front half definitely has a nice dome, the back half is flat or even slightly concave, not as bad as shown in the OPs thread.
The seller told me they always pitched it about 1/4 of a bubble high in the front for runoff. There's no evidence of water damage that I can see. I've looked at several campers In the past few weeks that had plenty of examples of water damage to compare to.
They also told me that they had the roof "done" 2-3 years ago at a stealership in Milwaukee. It's definitely not slathered with roof coating, though I can see that some of the putty around various things that penetrate the roof is looking "hard" and should probably be dug out and redone eventually.
Is the contour of the rear shell supposed to match the contour of the front half?
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote