Thread: RV Totes
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 11:02 AM   #6
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

I have a 21 gallon Camco Rhino. Comes with all of the accessories. Had a 15 gal one with my other trailer but it had a very small grey tank. I am putting in a poor man's Sealand this spring, so thought it would be nice to bump the volume up a bit.

I found it very easy to use, emptied completely. Thought about a 28 gal one, but too big and unwieldy for me to deal with on my own. The 21 gal is small and light enough that i can put it in the back of the 4Runner when traveling, or on the roof rack (haven't tried that yet, but might be the best option), or even inside when traveling. Would likely never transport it "on the road" with anything in it, but could put it in the back of the truck and fill and empty with the portable macerator (did that a couple of times with the 15 gal one and worked fine) if there was no dump station on site.

I don't dry camp unless necessary - this is a rolling motel room for me and the dogs when I visit family back east so i go for full hook-ups. But the local campground only has a dump site, no full sewer at the pad, so the tote is necessary.

From what i have read, seen and used, I recommend the Rhino. Solid, well built and comes with everything.