View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 07:29 PM   #5
Janet H
Site Team

Hi Folks - I know these kinds of announcements can be weird so I thought I'd jump in an introduce myself and answer any questions you may have. The only way to make to remove the weirdness is to earn your trust through actions. So I hope through the coming weeks, months and years we will do exactly that. I work with Andy and am here to support Bill and Chris, helping out in any way I can.

I am an rver and joined my very first forum back in 2004 because I needed to know how to fix my trailer. I met Andy R on that forum (www.airforums.com) and eventually became the forum admin. It was fascinating managing the forum, seeing members connect, chat about what campgrounds they like, buying and selling stuff and planning rallies and over time it became a fulltime undertaking. As years passed, Andy gathered more forums and some other sites related to RVing like www.campgroundreviews.com and an RV blog called www.DoItYourselfRV.com.

We found ourselves running RV forums, the largest campground review website around and content sites and were trying to figure out how to coordinate all these sites when Andy caught wind that RV LIFE Magazine was closing down, print was dead. A deal was worked to buy the archives of the magazine and the www.RVLife.com domain name. What a nice short name, RV LIFE! So now we call the network of sites the www.RVLIFENetwork.com

Having worked with dozens of forums over the years we have learned that each forum is unique and has its own vibe. Our intent is to be here with you, get to learn about Trail Manor Owners and adapt to fit in so we can be part of the community.
If we have to wade through an issue that we have experienced on another site, and found an effective solution, we will share what we have learned with you all as a talking point.

As for me personally - I live in WA state and am a reformed tent camper. The ground got harder a few years back and after hunting for something a little softer than an Ensolite pad, I ended up buying an ancient and tiny Airstream. I spent a number of years restoring it and now tow it along whenever I can. Initially I wanted a camper to take to music festivals (I am a working musician with a small touring band) but in the end I discovered a whole community of RVers whose sense of independence and adventure is wonderful.

I know you all probably have lots of questions and I'll likely have questions as well (Bill and Chris have been very helpful already). There is no better way to get to know each other than you asking what ever questions are on your mind. So please speak up and let me know what you are curious about so we can get to know each other.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote