View Single Post
Old 04-25-2004, 06:38 PM   #4
Larry_Loo

Default Re:Need extended mirrors & other questions

[quote author=Gwenzilla link=board=23;threadid=1874;start=msg13283#msg1328 3 date=1082879190]
I am curious how many of you have forgone the AC unit and feel the stock fan is adequate? I will be camping mostly in Calif and vicinity and just do not see the need for AC.... am I wrong?
[/quote]

My wife and I have lived in California for a total of 29 years. If you intend to camp with your TM during the summer months in most parts of California, you will regret not having an air conditioner. While the coastal areas usually remain cool during the summer, most inland areas may have temperatures from the 90s to low 100s during the months of June through September. Even in the Sierra Nevada mountains at altitudes below 5000 feet (Yosemite Natl. Park's visitor center, for example), the high daytime temps can reach the mid 90s. You also need to consider that the temperatures inside all closed trailers exposed to direct sunlight may exceed the outside air temperatures. Not having an air conditioner on your TM may make it difficult to sell it, in addition, when you decide to part with it. ??? ???