View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #6
Bill & Lisa

Dee,

I use a program called Master Chef, available a few years ago. The closest thing now is the Cook'n series. When you pull up the menu items and create your food plan, a list of ingredients is available for printing. This helps me to be sure that I have everything either on hand, or for my grocery list. Of course, I keep it handy when packing up for our trip. Most times I'll print out the menu and all my personal checklists and keep them in a binder. This makes it easy for me to be sure I have everything before, and after the trip.

Another thing I do is keep my travel toiletries ready to go, along with medicine "chest" items that can't stand heat or excessive cold. I put last year's perscription glasses in this bag--just in case. Along with this, I keep foul weather gear (umbrella & thin raincoat), a sun visor, spare pair (the ratty ones) of tennis shoes with socks in the toes, and a flashlight.

Once we decide when and where we're off to, it's easy to check the weather channel and find out what else I need to pack for the stay. Of course, before every trip I double check batteries and after every trip I re-supply whatever necessary. I do like the idea of keeping a few thermo-tex type jackets in the TM. That would significantly reduce the bulk in my "carry on" bag, or be there when there's an unexpected change in the weather.