View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #7
P and B

John,

I read your account of buying the older TM. It sounds like a lot of work but.... We bought a brand new TM last fall and I think I've done a lot of work on it since then...pulled and balanced tires, reinstalled MW oven a couple of times, replaced shower faucet, installed a privacy curtain between the bathroom and kitchen and installed wall mounts for the TV set in the bedroom and living area. I've also removed the battery and winterwized once (which I will do differently next year since the outside shower has also failed and will need to be replaced). I'm sure I've forgotten a few things too.

One thing I did, which you might consider, is putting together a more specialized toolbox to keep in the TV that has a combination of larger tools for tire and frame work, plumbing tools and materials and electrical tools and materials. My test of whether I have the right tools is that I use it exclusively to do repairs in my driveway. When I find I don't have something and have to get it from the garage, I make a note and try to add it to the toolbox. Note that tightening bolts on the hitch parts requires some big wrenches. I carry two monster adjustable crescent wrenches for that.

Hope you have fun! I'm sure you will and welcome to the world of TM owners.

Regards,

Phil