View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
]I have an alarm set at 200 degrees, and I NEVER let it exceed 220 degrees, even for a minute, even when climbing the steepest hills on the hottest days at the highest altitudes.
What alarm do you use? OEM, inline, Scangauge, etc.?

Interestingly, I've been on this same subject in recent weeks. I also found this collection of reference images that is interesting:

http://kamperbob.com/images/TransTempChart.html

I have trying to ascertain whether the Scangauge will monitor ATF temps on our Sequoia. Most folks on the Toyota forum say they haven't gotten it to work (on late model Sequoias and Tundras) and when I contact Scangauge directly, they say it "probably will work", but oddly enough, it sounds like they have not tested it.

In any event, assuming it doesn't, I'd like to find an easy-to-install monitoring device. And then to figure out where exactly to install it, as temps vary widely depending on whether or not the sensor is in a line vs. the pan, cooler line vs. return line, etc.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote