View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmferg View Post
The circuit breaker is used in place of a fuse and is wired directly to the battery to provide the necessary current to the brake controller. The circuit breaker is self-resetting and doesn't have a switch like circuit breakers in your house. It's only purpose is to protect the wire and controller from a fire if there is a short circuit.
You beat me to the answers but I did use a Auto Reset Circuit breaker .

The P3 doesn't seem to drain the battery since it automatically turns itself off & on with time & brake pedal. I never bother with it unless it is being used with a trailer. It turns on & says No Trailer or something similar.

Now the P3 also has a temporary bypass feature for backing. If I remember correctly you push & hold the button in the upper right corner & it sets it to bypass for a few minutes so no breaking is applied. You also can still use the manual lever if needed & you can quickly reengage the controller with a button push.

Another thing I like about the P3 is the display & quick boost settings so if in traffic you can change the way it applies the brakes.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote