View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Would you leave the battery disconnected to keep the converter from drying the battery in that situation?
That's a good question, Shane. I can think of several ways to handle this.

It wouldn't be hard to snake an extension cord into the interior, and plug the humidifier directly into that cord. The TM electric system (converter, outlets, etc) would not be powered up through this cord, so you could do whatever you want with the battery.

My personal choice would be snake the cord in and power up the dehumidifier. Then leave the battery in place, but disconnect it from the TM. Connect a small smart charger to it, such as the Battery Tender Jr. or one of the small SMART chargers mentioned in this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=18726

Removing the battery from the TM and putting a small smart battery maintainer on it while the battery is in storage would also be a good solution. I just hate lifting that heavy battery out of the back compartment on my 2720SL.

I've never been a real fan of the approach that says "leave the battery hooked up to the converter, and plug the TM in for a couple hours each month". Just too inexact. But a lot of folks swear by it.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote