View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
Outdoorguyclt

Default Tv mileage with a trailmanor

Hello all.

I'm looking at a new to me tt. I'm leaning toward a trailmanor for a host of reasons including tv mileage, living space verse folded size and weight. The likely candidate is the 2720 or if I'm lucky the 3124 depending or timing, location and price.

So the heart of my question is what have you all experienced as far as tv mileage towing and not towing a trailmanor. I know the answers are going to be all over the place but more looking to get how much worse it gets with the trailer.

As an example my current tv is a 2004 jeep grand Cherokee with ho 4.7l v8. Best case I get 20 mpg on the highway with nothing in the vehicle, towing nothing and cruise set about 70 on flat interstate. Around town I get about 16-17 and with kayaks and bike and camping stuff I get a little less on the interstate. When I towed my current tt back from Florida with tv and tt empty I got about 10-11 mpg at 55 mph on flat interstates. IMO that's pretty bad.

According to trailmanor you use about one additional gallon per 100 miles. Using that math, I would go from around 16 mpg when loaded without the trailmanor to a little below 14 with the in tow.

Can anyone give some examples of mileage with and without the trailmanor to support or disprove this? Also what tv are you using.

As a side thought the other tt I'm looking at is the vcross vibe. It's a little lighter but has far less inside room. It does have a really nice large bathroom up front and 60gal grey holding tank. In addition I like the thought of just opening the door and getting stuff in and out while stopped along the way. The manufacture says the v front helps with gas mileage and stability. Ive got a thread on their owners forum to see if anyone can quantify the mileage difference with that tt.

Thanks in advance for your time.