View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
Bob&Joyce

Default Rear Shell Difficult to Position

Hi all, thanks in advance for any opinions on this. I have a 2008 2720SL and the rear shell has gotten VERY difficult to open and close, and once you do get it open, getting it into position to secure the lock pins is almost impossible. When the rear shell is opened, it comes to a natural rest position with the lock pins a good bit to the rear of (past) the aluminum corner lock bars. It literally takes all my strength to move the shell back toward the center of the TM to where my wife can latch one of the corner lock bars, and then I have to push forward and sideways simultaneously with all the strength I can put into the thing to get the second pin to line up with its lock bar. In fact, it takes so much maneuvering that one of the pins on the shell is now bent. The TM is leveled and has the stabilizer jacks lowered, but when you crawl into the bed (rear bed) and look at the sides where the rubber seal meets the bed tray, the right (bathroom wall) side is noticeably lower than the other to the point that it creates a very large gap to the outside under the seal. I also notice that when you fold out the left hand entry door jamb (side by the stovetop) when the pin latches into the rear shell, the bottom edge of the door jamb is not straight vertical with the door, but rather angles noticeably to the rear of the TM.

Has anyone else experienced anything like what I've tried to describe?? Are there adjustments to limit the travel of the shell? The TM has never been wrecked, and I can't imagine how the shell could have gotten so out of alignment.

Thank you so much for reading this.

2008 3124KS (With updated stripe kit and wheels)
2006 Expedition 5.4 L
Bob&Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote