View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
rcase13

Thanks my biggest issue is with the tongue weight. Before spending $30,000 dollars I want to be sure how much the tongue weight will increase. With three people and gear my Pilot tongue weight limit drops to 400lbs. Do you think I will be below this with 500lbs worth of gear loaded in the TM?

Dumb question but I am a newbie in the prospective owner thread so hopefully dumb questions can be tollerated here somewhat. Can we load that 500lbs of cargo more towards the rear of the TM and reduce the tongue weight some? I am not concerned with the trailer weight I am well within limits on that.

Thanks for the measurements I will do some research on the weight of full propane tanks. That worries me as those sit right near the hitch.

I realize TM can't guess at what I carry but they should spec tongue weight with wet weights and all options. It wouldn't be that hard and it would make for a safer experience.

As it stands I think I am borderline with my tongue weight. In my opinon there is no way a vehicle that only has a 350/3500 towing capability can safely tow these trailers. Yet they clearly advertise them doing it. Nobody tows a dry trailer.