View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 12:04 PM   #5

Default Re: Towing and Fulltiming

Jenna,
We just purchased at 3124KS (front slide) in September and have towed it from Florida to Alabama (home), to Smokey Mountains and mountains of North Georgia, and just returned from Ft. Myers, FL this past Sunday.

I have a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (4 door model) with 3.3L V6 with Automatic Transmission.  I towed it at 60/65 MPH and this truck performed beautifully.  I lost only 2 MPG as others have attested on this forum.

I have not weighed my unit yet but I'm very pleased with the Trailmanor and the Nissan.

We just downsized from a 36' motorhome.  We previously had a 32ft. Jayco with slideout and a 28ft Holiday Rambler prior to that.  I pulled the trailers with a Suburban.

It has taken some adjusting to go from the motorhome to the Trailmanor, but we have adapted quite well and are enjoying the ease of towing, the much better gas mileage and the ability to backup!  (can't do that with a motorhome towing another vehicle).

I agree with others, that you need a little more horsepower and especially an automatic transmission.  You'll find that the automatic allows for higher towing weights for all the trucks (GM, FORD, NISSAN and others).

Buckets