View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 PM   #7
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Default Re:Battery On/Off Switch Project - completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeletti
In the off-season, I store the battery in my basement on a piece of wood on the floor. But during camping season, we store the trailer for 1 to 3 weeks at a time, between trips.
Jim,
When our trailer goes into storage (35 miles from our home) during the winter, I too, remove the batteries and store them in the garage, along with the battery from my golf cart. I keep a charger attached to the trailer batteries, and turn it on about once a month to trickle charge them for about 24 hours. Then I move the charger to the golf cart battery and do the same thing.

During the "season" the trailer sits in our driveway and I keep the shore power attached, which keeps the batteries charged. I check the water every couple of weeks. We use our trailer as a spare bedroom (ours) when our house is full of guests, which happens 2-3 times between Memorial Day and Labor Day. So, water and power are connected 24-7.

The battery straps on our trailer are similar to what we had on our TM, so I know what you mean. However, since I only access them a couple times a month, I've gotten used to the "hassle.")

Again, nice job on the switch... you do nice work!

Paul