View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 10:51 PM   #5
Larry_Loo

Default Re:Battery On/Off Switch Project - completed

jbeletti, that's a nice looking switch. I disconnect the red wire from the + terminal of my battery whenever I store my trailer. My battery is an AGM type which has an extremely low voltage loss if it's not connected to all the little loads running in an idle TM. It's a little awkward to disconnect the wire as the battery is in the bottom of a cabinet in our 3124KS. I've considered installing Camping World's disconnect switch but have hesitated because it's an open knife switch. On searching Blue Sea's California distributors, only 1 of 3 with a website listed Blue Sea's disconnect switches (actually, I didn't bother with one of the websites because it required registration and a password, and, I avoid passwords as much as possible). The site I visited was San Diego Marine's and they sell the 9006 switch for $16.96. You mentioned on your website that the 9006 cost you $26. San Diego Marine's picture of the switch, however, doesn't resemble the 9006, but, its listed manufacturer and stock number are the same. Here's the url to the listing of their switch:

http://www.sandiegomarine.com/BSS-90...d/33/prod/1205

CW's open knife switch costs $19.95 I recall. Blue Sea's appears to be a much better switch and I certainly am going to get one. : :

Larry