View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

"If you are involved in an accident, these are the figures that your insurance company will use to possibly deny your claim. It is also the #s that the Highway Patrol will use to determine if there was any negligence involved in an accident while towing."

I'll be real surprised if an insurance claim has ever been denied because of a recreational vehicle being towed overweight. Negligence is a complicated question, I'm sure, and there's a fair amount of it spread around an accident scene because negligence is what accidents are usually made of. Being overweight can be a contributing factor to an accident, but I'm sure it's at least as hard for the highway patrol to figure it out as it is for the rest of us. So he's going to write "Failure to maintain control of a motor vehicle" and let it go at that.

A guy with a 6100 pound tow rating starts out in pretty darned good shape to be a TrailManor owner. But like everyone towing, you need to pay attention to the details of weight and balance in your vehicle.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote