Thread: Tire Research ?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Goodyear Travels

Hello Bobby et. al.,
Shouldn't we also suggest that all participants have their tires "balanced". This would help eliminate one variable that may contribute to failures. I still think it would be nice if everyone got behind one of your three tire choices as early as possible. You've already determined which tires seem to hold the most promise. The rest of us folks need to select one of the three and become part of an organized, volunteer study group. Gee, if this was organized well enough --- and if we gathered enough data --- I wonder if the manufacturers might be willing to get behind us in some fashion --- maybe making tires available at cost for participants, or pay for shipping, or ??? There's a lot of "good" that could come from such a research group. The manufacturers could even help design the study and how we'd monitor tire and road conditions. We'd be their lab rats so it would seem reasonable to expect a few morsels. We'd almost become a research body --- like Consumptive Reports. Anyway, we're heading for Ouray, Co in a few days and I'll hold to 60 mph on balanced, Marathons and hope that the Canadian folks who made my set were on top of their game the day that the tires were produced. Still glad that you, Bobby, are in our corner.
Eric