View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #5
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default AAA is an association

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
As far as I know, AAA is not consistent with its coverage. It varies from state to state. You may have good coverage in some states, virtually none in others...
TC has it hit on the nose. The reason is that AAA is an association of state auto clubs...each club has its own rules about what they will cover. The coverage offered for RVs varies tremendously from state to state...but many of the state auto clubs will only tow one vehicle; not both the tow vehicle and trailer...and some will send out only one tow truck to bring in both the tow vehicle and trailer.

Hal is right that within Colorado, AAA has pretty good RV coverage. Venture outside Colorado and the situation could be very different.

I actually have both AAA and Good Sam coverage. Good Sam covers my RVing and my motorcycling as well as general driving. My AAA coverage is somewhat redundant for general roadside assistance but AAA's other benefits (trip books, maps (especially city maps), and discounts at retailers) more than makes up for the cost. I get enough savings from my AAA card at Lenscrafters alone to pay for my AAA membership most years.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote