View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
brulaz

Default Same in Canada

Agree totally about the 7" Galaxy Tab, though ours is on Rogers in Canada.

With the hotspot, it's our internet access point.

I too am reading library books (and free classic books from Gutenberg) using the Overdrive App. The Tab a little heavy but ok. The text is very clear and screen size is good.

Skype is available for phone calls (but we use our cell phone mostly)

Some games are addictive (like Tower Raiders) and very playable on the 7" screen.

Some people think the screen is too small, but they're more into movies. We avoid downloading video over the air as it can really eat into your data download limits.

The Google Maps and directions app works great with the built in GPS, but you need to be connected to the internet at the same time for the maps to download.

In the States we are currently using Verizon's Mifi, but when that contract expires I will try to get a another 7" Tab with the $30 for 2GB/month Version contract ... or maybe just a Verizon SIM card to plug into my Canadian Tab (but it would be nice to have 2 Tabs as already my wife and I are fighting over it to read books).

With the Mifi, you can monitor your usage on Verizon's website. Presumably you can do the same with the Tab. Another option though is Verizon Pre-Paid data, no-contract; but there I think you have to pay the full cost of the Tab.