Thread: Cadillac
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
jkeck555

I appreciate the feedback. Everyone here is always good natured. I do agree that towing would be easier if I had a big truck. 99% of my towing will be in the MN, WI, IL, IA area where 900ft is a really big climb. I do plan in the future to head out to the east and west coast but these would be one trip a year at the most. I have many years until retirement and the opportunity to full time RV until then I know my van will be adequate. I know it is underpowered but I also know I won't need to worry about brakes. The van does have serious brakes that would require serious overuse to warp or fail.

To return to my original topic.
Actual question is below.

Does anyone know of any issues with the SRX or Cadillacs in general? I have never owned a GM vehicle.

More background.
I am very familiar with Mopars and would go that route but the Pacifica isn't quite right for me.

I have been considering the new Hyundai Veracruz but I prefer RWD and I still believe in American Made cars.( I grew up in an iron mining area and buying Japanese just doesn't feel right to me. This is personal choice and I don't have animosity towards people that love their Toyotas.)