View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #1
live4fun

Default New Tech for Cell Phone Boosters & Antennas

I’ve decided to research and purchase a cell/Wi-Fi antenna with a booster/cellular router/amplifier. Here are my requirements.

1. I’d like to mount the antenna on my TM and place the booster or router in the unit as well.
2. My primary use is when I’m stationary at a campsite, BUT if i could get a cell boost from it while driving my tow vehicle that would be the superb.
3. My mission is to better receive and increase the cellular signal strength at my campsite so we can better use our unlimited cell phone data plan for various internet uses.
4. Just my wife and I would be using it at the same time. No gaming. We occasionally stream Netflix or Prime if its the end of the billing period and we have data to burn, but usually watch downloaded Netflix shows that we grab off a wifi site or Starbucks.

I have gotten overwhelmed reading specifications for cellular routers, amplifiers, cellular boosters and the like. I’d like to hear first-hand experiences from folks who have the equipment. We are usually camping in rustic and rural park/areas with 1 or 2 bars (iphone) LTE coverage (often the signal jumps around to LTE to 1 or 2 bars 3G). That’s enough to do voice and text, but anything with graphics or complexity doesn’t always work well.

Anyways, if someone has superior recommendations on 1 to 3 year old equipment that would be great and what I’m looking for. I hate buying and installing equipment only to return it after I’ve done all this work.

Thanks
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote